Evaluation Criteria For Link Building Software
Through the use of rigorous evaluation criteria and the guidelines that we have set for software, we put together a list of the top link building software in the industry. Our in-depth analysis delves into the software features and compares them against what other link building tools in the industry have to offer. We examine the GUI interface, the product's feature set, the efficiency of the software, relevancy of links and support services attached to the software. Often times we test link building software to determine precise results of link building initiatives and the overall performance quality.
There are five key areas that we focus on when dealing with evaluating and ranking link building software.
The overall organization of the GUI interface is inspected. Does the interface provide an easy way for users to find the features they are looking for? Are there methods of being able to access the most used or most useful features? What information is displayed on the first screen that the user sees? How can the interface be customized or expanded for individual users?
Time is spent looking into the different features that are offered by the software. Do these features provide great insight or assistance to users of link building software? Do they provide a competitive advantage to the users of the software compared to that of software provided by competitors?
Efficiency focuses on how fast the software is able to pull and interpret information. Does the software constantly focus on pulling information from search engines to give a larger pool of websites to check for relevancy? Is information moved from one project to another for faster results? What additional features are used to give faster reports and results to the user?
The overall relevance of the suggestions made by the software are key. Does the software provide great potential sources for links? What methods are used to determine sources for links and what methods are used to determine the relevance to the keywords chosen by the user? What other features can be used to bring more or less relevant links?
The link building user support is also incredibly important. Does the support team respond quickly to inquiries? How extensive is the technical and instructional user support for the software? How often is the support team available to the customer or to potential customers? Do they respond to multiple forms of communication or is their support limited to one or two forms of communication?
A few questions that we may ask clients of a link building software developer to gauge their level of expertise are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How did the software provide assistance with your link building campaigns?
- What was it about the program that convinced you to purchase it? Did you test the software before making the purchase?
- Which features did you use the most? Which worked best for your link building campaign?
- How fast was the software are giving you results and reports? Did it streamline the process of finding great locations to build links?
- Which locations were most valuable and which were the least?